Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Piper's Hemangioma: Clear scoop




Hi everyone! I just wanted to show you all how my scab has cleared up. The middle part where the scab was feels like scar tissue and is puckered making my strawberry look indented still. The doctor did tell us that when a hemangioma ulcerates, it is possible to have scarring. My mommy hopes that it will just continue to improve and this middle part will bounce back up eventually. Since the scabbing started around the middle of September, that makes it close to 80 days total from start to end. I'm a little ahead of the curve since the average was 86 days for the ulceration period. My mommy and daddy both think I am doing very well and my mood is spectaular now! I have started to try to stand up on my own in the past few days. I love to crawl on over to mommy and use her to stand up with and then let go for a second or two. That is a lot of fun! My mommy thinks I may be starting to walk by Christmas. We will just have to see but I think I can do it! Oh, I have a check up with the dermatologist on the 14th. My mommy will let you know if we have any more news on what to expect will happen next with my strawberry.
Tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment